Per-Operative Instructions for IV Sedation
- You may NOT take a taxi, bus or drive yourself home following IV Sedation. Your escort/driver may NOT leave the office during your procedure. You may be required to be monitored at home for the first 24 hours.
- NO FOOD OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT. This includes gum and mints. Please brush your teeth, but DO NOT swallow the water.
- No contact lenses, nail polish, acrylic nails, or jewelry.
- Wear a short sleeve shirt and flat shoes (no sandals).
- Do not wear your hair in a high ponytail.
- If you take any prescription medication, please contact the office for further instructions. You may be instructed to take these with a SMALL SIP OF WATER.